Our Feliz sewalong

Let's chat about everything sewing.

Re: Our Feliz sewalong

Postby Rosieq » September 11th, 2010, 12:38 pm

You certainly made it go tooooo fast; my fabric is still on the table---better run, cause I changed my mind and need to go to the store to get a fifth peice!!!

TTYL, I may or may not catch up. This making it just one layer just has me befuddled, I guess....Actually, this was a tough week with fair week coming up at work!

:rotflo: :rotflo: How can one catch up, when it is a finished project :?: :rotflo: :rotflo:

Rosieq
Linda

Life is a garden, Good friends are the flowers,
And times spent together, Life's happiest hours.....

http://pinterest.com/intherosegarden/
http://www.linda-thisnthatintherosegarden.blogspot.com/
Rosieq

Postby lindastein7 » September 11th, 2010, 12:58 pm

Those of you that didn't keep up or start yet it will be here for you to look at and Nonie will have it on her blog.
It has kept me on my toes and I'm looking forward to seeing all the beautiful dresses you all have made.
It has been fun!
Linda
lindastein7

Postby lovs2sew » September 11th, 2010, 1:32 pm

Linda...your dress is precious! I am still working on the ruffles...but your instructions are so good...
thanks for your time and work!
Susan
lovs2sew

Postby nonie » September 11th, 2010, 2:31 pm

Just the bottom ruffle left to do on mine. I have not tried it on Zoe but I don't care if it's long as her mom complains that I make her dresses to short! :rotflo:

Linda, what a fantastic sew along, you sure kept me on my toes but I was able to work along with you. Think that is a first for me :D Yes, I will get the sew along up on the blog so you can always know where to find it. I am pretty slow at getting it done, had to take a moment out from the classes to show Shirley my Feliz. Now, that I have made this one, I will add more trims to the next one.

Again a great big thank you Linda
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby angelap » September 11th, 2010, 4:51 pm

Linda: Thank you sew much for your help. Yours turned out beautifully. I'm still working on mine...I decided to make the double layered one, finding out it's alot different. I've been a little befuddled to say the least ! :rotflo: I'll just post my double feliz question out there to everyone who's already made it. Thanks again, we sure appreciate all the work you did. Teri
angelap

Postby Rosieq » September 11th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Linda, I see in your pattern pieces in the beginning you have us cut the long back facing...the one that runs up and down the dress, but cannot see that you used it...did you? and what day?
Linda

Rosieq

Postby lindastein7 » September 11th, 2010, 6:32 pm

I mentioned in a previous post that I traced the long facing piece by mistake and to ignore it.
Linda
lindastein7

Postby disews2 » September 11th, 2010, 7:24 pm

Linda, I really appreciate you doing this sew along. I almost have mine done and your pics and instructions sure did help. I just can not decide on the hem, ruffle or not. I will just sleep on it. I always think best when I am trying to sleep, and then have to get up and do it. :roll: Diane
disews2

Postby Rosieq » September 11th, 2010, 9:26 pm

I have enough dresses cut out for all my little girls; all the ties, straps & facings interfaced. Wish I could say the ruffles were done--I hope to at least look at them early in the morning before church--to figure out the prep before I try out my ruffler...newly acquired. Hopefully, by tomorrow night I can say the ruffles are finished and attached, and the trims figured out for sure. Then Monday I can just put the pieces together. We'll see. Perhaps, I will catch up after all....and try not to ask any :?: :?: since this sewalong is completed...and just this straggler straggling along.... :rotflo: :rotflo:
Linda

Rosieq

Postby lindastein7 » September 12th, 2010, 3:05 am

I'm sure there are others who haven't finished their dresses. We're here to help so please ask any questions that you want and we'll try to answer you.
Linda
lindastein7

Postby Karens Krafts » September 12th, 2010, 8:19 am

Straggler here like Rosieq. I may even pick up a piece or two of fabric and start again. LOL
Thank you LindaS for this WONDERFUL sew along. You certainly did a great job. All the questions answered, and know there will be a lot of posted Feliz's here to inspire us to make more.
Karen
Karens Krafts

Postby Linda in NM » September 12th, 2010, 11:12 am

Oh, dear...I didn't sew along! In fact, I am more a wanna be than a doer right now. But I did find some fabrics in the stash that might be really cute (and made my daughter trace out the pattern!) so I am STILL going to make the Feliz. The instructions are so clear, I know they will help!
Linda in NM
Linda in NM

Postby gmasuz1215 » September 13th, 2010, 11:46 am

I am chugging along slowly on my Feliz but I will need to step it up to have it ready for this Saturday for my 4yr old dgd. Her sister is turning 1 and that is the day of the party. I will make something for her from the same fabric, Dick and Jane, three from the set, plus several dot fabric extras. I want to make the hem of the Feliz with a ruffle. I will have rows of ruffles on the back. Where do I need to place the first row of back ruffles? Is there a space between the hem ruffle and the back ruffle or do they overlap? Susan VH
gmasuz1215

Postby disews2 » September 13th, 2010, 11:49 am

I am ready (Ithink) to post my dress, but not sure where I am supposed to put it. Diane

I went back and reread the original and found the Gallery. I just did not think to look at the top bar. DUH!!
disews2

Postby Rosieq » September 13th, 2010, 7:31 pm

Susan, I started with the bottom ruffle on the back with a measurement of 3 inches. Then above that, I like to just barely cover the top part of the ruffle below--to hide the stitching...

I don't count the ruffle around the hem as the bottom ruffle on the back...Good luck. I spent today working on two dresses--ha-ha, do you know it takes longer to remove ruffles from the side panels...than the whole process of preparing three ruffles and sewing two on...(There are no ruffles called for on the side panels) Not a good step forward today!

Rosieq
Linda

Rosieq

PreviousNext

Return to On Topic Talk